Northshore Arts in Bloom Playwriting Contest
1st Annual Northshore Arts in Bloom
Rules and Submission Guidelines
1. There are three different contest divisions: Adult (open to all playwrights everywhere), Young Adult (open to Louisiana playwrights ages 18-24), and Teen (open to Louisiana playwrights ages 13-17).
2. All submissions must be original and unpublished. Plays should be intended for all ages.
3. We will only be accepting one-act plays. Plays should be a maximum of twenty (20) pages. No musicals or full-length plays will be considered.
4. All plays should be inspired by the theme “in bloom.” All plays should also include the word bloom (or a derivative of it) somewhere in the dialogue.
5. Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format. For formatting guidelines visit: http://www.playwrightslocal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Samuel-French-Formatting-Guide.pdf
6. Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. For "Adult" division submissions there is a $10 submission fee per script. For the Young Adult and Teen divisions there is no submission fee.
7. Please submit one blind copy of your script as a Word document or PDF via email to email@example.com. All submissions must be sent electronically. Important: In the body of your email provide us with your name, address and telephone number. Again, please make sure your copy of the play is blind with no information about the playwright.
8. Please provide a synopsis and character breakdown with your play as a separate document in your submission.
9. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, January 4, 2022. The winner will be announced on or after February 5, 2022.
10. Adult division entries, please mail your check for the submission fee to 220 East Thomas Street, Hammond, LA 70401. Make your submission fee check out to Northshore Arts Foundation, Inc.
11. All valid submissions will receive two complimentary tickets to the Northshore Arts in Bloom Festival.